How Everyday Plastics Reduce Our Environmental Footprint
Plastics are lightweight and strong, and they require less material, resulting in less environmental impact. They help reduce waste, energy use, and greenhouse gas emissions. But what's that mean in everyday life? Explore below to find out.
Watch Duff Goldman, Taniya Nayak and Rudy Mancuso break down some of the many sustainability benefits of plastics.
- Making Stir-Fry and Reducing Food Waste in Chef Duff Goldman's Kitchen
- Duff Goldman Makes Delicious Tuna Salad - & Cuts Food Packaging Waste
- Wanna Recycle More Plastics? Just Ask Comedian Rudy Mancuso
- Explore Zack Giffin's Energy-Saving Tiny House
- Living Room & Bathroom Makeovers with Designer Taniya Nayak
More Ways to Help the Environment
- How can I recycle more plastics?
It’s easier than you think! Check out these 9 quick tips to help make sure you’re recycling everything you can—at home and on the go.Read More
- What are some surprising facts about plastics and the environment?
Even though we rely on them every day, plastics can still surprise us. Especially when it comes to one of today’s top priorities: our environment.Read More
- What can a jar of peanuts teach us about the environment?
Find out how plastic food packaging can help reduce the amount of material we need to protect our food—so we can do more with less.Read More
- How do we measure sustainability?
Sustainable materials management digs deep into the nature and use of materials (such as plastics) to provide a richer measure of environmental sustainability.Read More
- How do plastics help improve fuel efficiency?
Sometimes big environmental changes come from unexpected places, like cars made with lightweight plastics to help dramatically improve fuel efficiency.Read More
- How does plastic frozen food packaging help reduce waste?
Want to eat healthier food and waste less of it? Seeking out frozen foods packaged in durable, lightweight plastics can help.Read More